As one of the world’s technology giants, who doesn’t know Samsung Electronics? This South Korean technology company has produced various technologies. One of them is a liquid crystal display (LCD) panel for televisions, computers/laptops, cellphones, and tablets.
Despite having a reputation in the field of LCD production, Samsung finally declared to stop producing LCDs by 2022. It has been warned since 2 years ago, what finally made Samsung stop making LCDs?
1. The economy is starting to stabilize, LCD is languishing
2. Inferior to the “neighbor’s kitchen”
- BOE Technology Group (Chinese manufacturer of electronic components)
- AU Optronics/AUO Corp (Taiwanese LCD manufacturer)
3. Concentrate to OLED and QD