Photos and videos stored on Android and iOS phones can be backed up to Google Drive using the Google Photos app.
With the help of the Google Photos app, users can store valuable photos and videos with up to 15 GB of storage space.
Backing up photos and videos can be done as an anticipatory step to prevent photo and video loss if the cellphone is damaged or lost.
Before they can save data in Google Drive, users must first log in to their personal Google account or sign up if they still don’t have an account.
How to back up photos and videos to Google Drive can be done easily. The steps to back up data in Google Drive can be seen as follows.
How to backup photos and videos to Google Drive
- Open the Google Photo app or download it first on the Google Play Store and App Store.
- Sign in to your personal Google account.
- Click the Profile icon located in the right corner of the application.
- Select the “Photos settings” option > “Back up and sync” option.
- Enable the “Backup and sync” button.
- When this button is enabled, it will automatically upload photos and videos from your device to your personal Google account.
It should be noted that users can use the Google Photos service for free with a maximum storage space of up to 15 GB.
As of June 1, 2021, Google provides a google drive storage space limit of up to 15 GB.
If you want to increase the storage limit up to 100 GB, users are required to pay a Google Drive subscription fee of Rp. 26,900 every month.