Being the prima donna of the Indonesian chat application, WhatsApp continues to develop innovations by providing the best service. Well, entering the end of the second quarter of 2022, WhatsApp has again released a new feature. You can enjoy this after making updates.
WhatsApp’s new features include calling, messaging, and other facilities that make it easier for you to connect with others, both individually and in groups. What are the features, heck?
WhatsApp new features 2022
1. Introducing the ‘Community’ feature
2. Upgrade voicemail
- Play a voice message outside the chat. You can keep listening to your friend’s long vent while replying to other messages, without having to restart the voice note
- Pause and resume recording. WhatsApp gives its users the freedom to think in the middle of the process of recording voice messages. Just pause and continue whenever you’re ready
- Visualization of the sound that comes out. If in the past it was only in the form of boring lines, now WhatsApp displays sound visualizations in the form of waves that follow the tone of the sender’s voice
- Voice mail preview. Understanding voice typos, WhatsApp’s new feature makes it easy for users to check and play the entire voicemail before it’s actually sent
- Save a draft of a voicemail. Is recording a voice suddenly have to leave the chat room? Relax, your recordings won’t disappear because they are automatically saved as drafts. You can continue after a pause or a previous voice recording
- Fast playback. Got a voicemail with a length of 1 hour? WhatsApp’s new feature lets you play it 1.5 and twice as fast as it saves you more time.
3. WhatsApp’s new feature for voice calls
- Mute group call participants. When chatting in crowds with many people, there are times when it is too noisy and causes the main sound to be inaudible. Well, the new WhatsApp feature provides flexibility to mute participants
- Send a message during a group call. You and other participants can text each other during a call, similar to the Zoom teleconferencing service
- Increase group call capacity. In the past, there were only eight people, now WhatsApp group calls can be made by up to 32 people.
4. Chat rooms
- Gives chat balloon reactions. In addition to commenting on messages, you can now give reactions in the form of emojis on chat balloons in groups or individually. To do this, just press the chat balloon for a while, then select the emoji at the top of the chat balloon
- Additional duration of the message disappears. Previously, the limited duration of messages was only seven days. Now, you can choose between 24 hours to 90 days to display dissapearing messages.
5. Change the video call background
- Run the WhatsApp application as usual
- Make a video call to the contact you want to call
- If your device is compatible, a video icon with floating stars will appear. Click to bring up the video call effect menu
- Select ‘Background’
- Customize the background as needed. It can be with solid colors or upload an image if you want it in the form of an image.
6. Chat transfer between operating systems