For users of the Google Chrome browser/ browser, you must know the name Extension. Oh, don’t know yet? Extensions on Google Chrome are programs that can be downloaded in the Chrome Web Store and installed in the browser to improve its performance and for the convenience of users.
How to find extensions is:
- On the Google Chrome screen, click the three dots (⋮) on the right side of the screen
- From several options, select More Tools, and click Extensions
- On the Extensions page, select the three-line (≡) symbol on the left side of the screen. At the bottom left of the screen, select Open Chrome Web Store
Surprisingly, Google Chrome is listed as having hundreds of thousands of Extensions ready to go. Of course, not all of them you need. Confused about which one to choose? Well, to boost your productivity, here are the 10 recommended Google Chrome Extensions!
1. Scribe: Documentation, SOPs, & Screenshots
Scribe is a Google Chrome Extension that can turn any process or documentation into a complete guide with steps, writings, and screenshots. Just hit Record, and Scribe will turn any process into that guide. Some of the mainstay features of Scribe are:
- Automatic step-by-step guide
- Changeable text, steps, and images
- Share just one click
- Can be pasted into the CMS easily
- Automatically remove sensitive information
- Reliable control and security
If you want to use Scribe, it is recommended for documents such as:
- Step-by-step guide
- Standard Operation Procedure (SOP)
- Work instructions
- Annotations from screenshots
- Process documentation
- Training guide
- Teaching and learning process
2. Text Blaze
- Keyword Replacements: automatically change dates, date calculations, web page information, and more.
- Forms: creates a form with editable fields.
- Autopilot: fills in various fields with a single snippet with a tab key.
- Previews: preview each snippet created.
- Context Menu: right-click on the fill field and select a snippet from Text Blaze.
- Shared Snippets: share the snippets you’ve created with your team so they can be used together.
3. Print Friendly & PDF
- ✓ (message sent, but not yet opened)
- ✓✓ (the message has been sent and has been opened)
- Grammar Checker: checks for errors in spelling, grammar, word usage errors, and punctuation.
- Parapharaser: provides different writing options so that writing in English is faster and ideas are not stuttered.
- Summarizer: summarize long articles, emails, to papers, analyze the main points of writing, and make you better understand long texts with complex terminology.
7. Dark Reader
8. Save to Notion
9. Rabbit Hole for YouTube™
- Replacing the removed content with cute rabbits
- Hide comments (including livestreaming comments)
- Turn off trending and subscriptions pages
- Turn off other video suggestions while watching a video (so you’re not tempted to click)
- Hide ad banners on the page so that watching videos on YouTube is distraction-free
10. The Great Suspender
- Create exceptions for some urls and/or domains that don’t need to be stopped
- Improves Google Chrome performance on restart if using multiple tabs
- Detects tabs that use audio or tabs with user input so that they are not stopped